You have probably seen Nokia’s announcement of an exciting new competition called “Search for N” which I am participating in. Essentially competitors will be given a series of clues over the next few days and the first 3 (yup, I have 3 gorgeous N97’s to give away) people to contact me with all the correct answers at the end of the competition (any time after 1pm on the 2nd of June 2009 South African Standard Time) together with a scan or certified copy of his or her South African ID will each win a brand new Nokia N97!
The competition kicks off in about 4 hours – at 1pm South African Standard Time (GMT +2) – with the 1st of 5 clues which I will publish over the course of the next few days. Be sure to check back often!
How to enter
Ok, very easy to enter the competition on this site:
- Watch out for a new clue every day (there will be 5 clues published on 26, 28, 30, 31 May and 2 June 2009.
- Once you have all 5 answers, email those answers (in order) together with a scanned copy of your South African ID (you can also fax a certified copy to me at 086 683 1731 – keep the original, I may need to see it to verify it) to me at pljcbsn _at_ gmail _dot_ com.
- Don’t forget to include your phone number, email address and a postal address in your entry email
- Make sure the subject line of your email includes the phrase “Search for N” (this is so I can easily find your entry with filters and keen eyesight)
The first 3 correct and complete entries will win a Nokia N97 (you can only enter once on this blog – spread the N97 love). You can find the clues and posts related to the Search for N competition at this link so be sure to bookmark it and return often.
The Rules of the competition
These are the rules of this competition. Please read these rules, they are important. Here goes:
- This competition is conducted by Nokia and Paul Jacobson (‘the Organiser’), and is open to everyone except directors, members, agents, employees and immediate family members of any employees of the Organiser, its advertising agencies or advisors. (Updated)
- By entering the competition, all participants and winners agree to be bound by these rules, which will be interpreted by the Organiser in its sole discretion, and its decision regarding any dispute will be final and binding.
- By entering the competition, all participants agree to receive ongoing communication from Nokia and Paul Jacobson. An opportunity to unsubscribe will be available in all communication.
- In order to qualify for entry into the competition, the participant must be a South African resident at least 18 years or older and in possession of a valid South African Identity Document or be a resident with a valid residency permit in South Africa with proof of residence. (Updated)
- The competition will close on the 2nd of June 2009 as soon as 3 correct entries have been received on your blog.
- The Main Prize is valid for each of the 3 winners that each qualify as a South African resident, at least 18 years of age and in possession of a valid South African Identity Document.
- Nokia reserves the right to disqualify a winner if he/she does not respond to formal notification within one week of winner selection and randomly select a replacement winner from the competition entries. In such circumstances, the replacement winner shall be contacted by Nokia as soon as reasonably practicable and shall be required to respond to Nokia in the manner set out in such correspondence. In the event that the replacement winner fails to respond to Nokia as required, then the provisions of this clause shall apply to that new winner in the same way as if he/she were an original winner.
- Prizes are neither transferable nor exchangeable for cash. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute or change a prize at its sole discretion. The Organiser reserves the right to terminate the competition at any time. The Organiser reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of the prize at any time without prior notification.
- The winner hereby agrees to allow the Organiser, after obtaining the winner’s written permission, to require the winner (at no fee) to be identified and a photograph taken and published in printed media, or to appear on radio, the Internet, email and television, when accepting his/her prize.
- All participants and the winner indemnify the Organiser, its advertising agencies, advisers, suppliers and nominated agents against any and all claims, damages or loss howsoever arising, including but not limited to willful misconduct or negligent act or omission arising from their participation in this competition.
- In the event of any dispute whatsoever, the decision of the judges is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Additional terms, conditions and restrictions do apply. These are available on request.
- The Organiser will not be held liable for any misinterpretation of the prize, rules and conditions or any specific part thereof.
What do you think?