The life of a coder/developer is both a wonderful and immensely frustrating experience. The scales tip in both directions, usually several times a day.
Today was no exception. I’ve been stuck on something for the last few days. My code should have been working, but it didn’t. If I had hair to spare, I’d probably have torn some of it out in frustration.
Of course, as these things tend to go, I found the reason why my code wasn’t working. It was a typo. A single letter that shouldn’t have been there.
My sense of relief is somewhat moderated by my amazement at how I missed it.
But, on the other hand, I found the bug! Now on to the next new code and the next bug.