Subscribe by email
There are a couple ways to follow my blog. One way to subscribe to follow my blog is by email.
You can also follow me on Twitter, if that’s your thing:
I’m also on Micro.blog so you’re welcome to join me there too:
- I went for a long run this morning, and I’m pretty proud of myself for completing this distance. It’s the longest run I’ve ever done.
- I ran my #wwwp5k virtual race this morning. It was a beautiful morning for a run. I can probably improve on my pace though. Good thing I can do it again later this December.
- I’m pretty sure there are news editors just waiting to publish a headline to the effect of “Mr Trump, You’re Fired!”.
The irony will be amazing.
- “With the power of Yeet, I was able to teleport to the island …” Something I wasn’t expecting to hear from my kids today.
- As challenging as this morning’s run was, it was a beautiful morning to go running.
- I watched this music video with my daughter this evening, and it struck me that not a lot has changed in the ±30 years since this came out.
- It was a fresh morning for a walk in Modi’in, Israel. I went for a short walk before work, and enjoyed a cool start to the day. Just a day in the life of many residents of my city. #adayinthelife
Here are my latest posts. I publish a full feed so you can read the whole post in your feed reader (if you prefer to subscribe that way):
Photo by Alexander Schimmeck on Unsplash
As you may have seen in the media, Israel has been vaccinating citizens with the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. Because I’m diabetic, and over 40, I qualify for earlier access to the vaccine. I was finally able to make my appointments for the two doses. Photo by CDC on Unsplash
I ran my first half marathon this morning as part of my Garmin 10k coaching plan. I had to leave really early to give myself time to complete what turned out to be a 22km route around my city. I felt pretty good for the first two thirds of the run, and started to feel… Continue reading My first half marathon
I’m on week 10 of my 10k coaching plan with Garmin. As part of that plan, I ran my longest run so far, yesterday. It was an “easy” long run of about 17.7km (not counting warm up and cool down). I stepped out just after 6am, and set out on my route that would take… Continue reading My longest run so far
45 feels like a milestone, although I couldn’t tell you which milestone it is, aside from a vaguely significant number. At least, 45 seems more significant than 44, or even 46, with the next big number being 50. I’ve taken a couple days off to celebrate my birthday, and have a mini-staycation after a particularly… Continue reading 45
As you may have heard by now, Google is going to start charging for all photos uploaded to Google Photos from June 2021, not just full resolution images. While this may be alarming for some users, I would rather pay for Google Photos. Why would I say such a thing after having an option to… Continue reading I would rather pay for Google Photos
Israeli politics in a nutshell
This exchange basically represents Israeli politics for me.
Source: Times of Israel
I cleared my Firefox cache in an attempt to resolve a slow performance issue. Boy, I didn’t realise how much I rely on my browser history to get things done every day. I should have persisted with the performance issue …
Israel is going into another national lockdown this weekend, for three weeks. It’s controversial (as are most things in Israel these days), and the cost to our economy will likely be substantial. At the same time, our COVID-19 infection rate seems to be out of control.
My Summer vacation has gone by so quickly, as vacations often do. One of the many things we did was to take a drive up north to see kangaroos in Israel at Gan-Garoo, an Australian Park … in Israel.
Today is the first day of my Summer vacation, and I’ve started it with an unexpectedly appealing drink in a park with our daughter while we wait for our son to finish a lesson nearby.
I purchased Minecraft Dungeons for the Nintendo Switch a month or two ago, primarily for our kids. They’re Minecraft fanatics, and they’d been looking forward to this game since they first saw the announcement. I was also curious whether this was a game that I could enjoy?
My wife and son are growing various plants on our balcony, including three sunflowers. As with most adolescents, they are tall, gawky, and show great potential!