- Make existing professional relationships stronger and more intimate.
- Get questions answered.
- Expand your professional network.
- Promote your blog posts.
- See what people are interested in.
- Find out when your colleagues are available for a chat.
- Create an ad hoc back channel at conferences.
- Learn important news.
Twitter may seem like a goofy thing kids are going to spend their lives playing with but there are definitely business uses for this technology that shouldn’t be underestimated. That being said, Twitter is not a new replacement for every other form of communication. It is another tool that serves a purpose.