27 is a get together, held on the 27th day of each month for geeks, marketers, entrepreneurs, writers, media practitioners, speakers – well, just about anybody who is keen – to share ideas and news and opinions over food and drink. Alternating between Jozi and Cape Town, 27 is open to anyone who wants to attend (and/or contribute).
There were a few speakers at the dinner who spoke about a range of topics, mostly new media related topics:
- Carly Ritz spoke about a project she is involved interested in and which aims to give children a voice;
- Dave Duarte spoke about marketing issues and new media;
- Mike Stopforth spoke about, well, quite a bit as he was also our host/MC;
- I got to talk about the 3puppies media network and blogging in general;
- Vincent Maher talked a bit about what Mail & Guardian Online is doing in the new media space and will be doing in the near future; and
- Andy Hadfield spoke about what he has been doing with his various projects.
In all it was a great experience meeting bloggers and non-bloggers alike. These gatherings really do great things for community building in general and we look forward to attending a 27dinner in Cape Town soon.