HouseBlogs is an interesting site. It is a service aimed at people who do home improvements:
Houseblogs.net is a community-powered home improvement publication. Everything here is contributed by real people (like you) with a passion for homes and home improvement.
You can use this site to:
– Find people with similar homes, taste, or challenges via our community.
– Follow along as people renovate their homes by reading the latest blog entries.
– Get help with a DIY problem by asking a question or searching our discussion board.
– Show off your own house by adding photos to your member profile.
– Share your own home improvement adventures–start your own houseblog!
What I really like about this service is that you are not required to create a new blog on HouseBlogs. Rather you are invited to list your blog and provide your blog’s feed which then goes into HouseBlogs. It is a really simple and, yet, really intelligent way of bringing similar people together into a community of shared interests.
I know someone who is building her own cottage and has started blogging about it. There is clearly a need for this sort of service which is, effectively, an aggregation of home improvement information presented clearly and in a very user-friendly way. What better community for other people who are either building their homes, are improving their homes or who have an interest in home improvement generally?