It is no secret on this blog that I am infatuated with Apple products and would equip my life and office space with as many Apple products as I could if only I had the means. So anyway, imagine my unbridled joy when I discovered that Apple has released three biggies. First there is the updated iMac with a built in iSight camera and a funky new doodat called Front Row which allows you to operate your iMac like a TV/DVD/Jukebox player with a snazzy little remote control.
Next up Apple launched version 6 of iTunes to complement its third announcement, an updated iPod that plays video! There are two models, the 30GB and the 60GB and the 60GB is even thinner than the older 20GB version. And this sexy number plays videos. The plan is to be able to download music videos, short movies released by Pixar (there are some good ones) and episodes from your favourite TV shows from the iTunes Store and watch them on your iPod (a tad unrealistic I think) or on iTunes itself under the new ‘Movies’ tab. Here are a couple features for your edification:
- Holds up to 15,000 songs(2) and full-color album art
- 30GB model is 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.43 inches; 60GB model is 4.1 x 2.4 x 0.55 inches
- Bright 2.5-inch, 320 x 240 pixel TFT display
- Up to 20 hours of battery life(5)
- Holds up to 25,000 photos(3)
- Holds up to 150 hours of video(4)
- Plays video or photo slideshows on TV via the optional Dock
- Apple Click Wheel
- Accessory-compatible Dock connector
- Dock works with the new Apple Remote
- Charges and syncs via USB
- Works with Mac OS X or Windows 2000/XP
- Syncs contacts, calendars and to-do lists
Very very cool and definitely on my wishlist.