Beware the flaming side of the Force

Everyone has seen Star Wars fans go to extremes with their costumes and standing in line for days to get tickets for the latest movie but this one really takes the cake:

Two Brits who live for Star Wars have come close to dying for it, too.

The BBC reported
Tuesday that a 20-year-old man and 17-year-old girl are in critical
condition after apparently pouring gasoline into fluorescent light
tubes and lighting them. Authorities believe they were filming a mock
light sabre duel when one of the devices exploded in a wooded area at
Hemel Hempstead, Hertfordshire, according to the story.

It’s likely no coincidence that the incident took place days after Star Wars sequel Revenge of the Sith
opened in movie theaters. I’m sure the two were inspired by the movie’s
big light sabre battle scene. But (and I’m no scientist) it seems the
two should have known they were playing with fire–literally.

Talk about going down in flames!

(via Missing Links)

Paul
Enthusiast, marketing strategist, writer, and photographer. Passionate about my wife, Gina and #proudDad. Allergic to stupid

What do you think?

%d bloggers like this: